Print industry news
Pantone (International colour system)
Adobe (Acrobat Reader)
Creatiff Solutions (the 'Organisation') recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to the supply and distribution of printed items and related services.
It is the Organisation's declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation's objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation's activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable material
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
If you decide to supply your own artwork to us then please take a look at the guidelines below before sending the files.
We can handle a variety of file types but prefer the artwork for print output to be supplied as high resolution, print-ready PDFs (Adobe’s Portable Document Format).
When supplying PDF files it’s important that they are set to the preferred specifications. A general overview is set out below:
- All artwork must be composite C (cyan) M (magenta) Y (yellow) K (Black)
- Any spot colours to be printed must be included within the file
- All images should be a minimum of 300dpi
- All fonts must be embedded or converted to outline
- All files must contain crop marks
- All files must have at least 3mm of bleed where required
- Multi page files to be supplied as single pages, the printer will have software to aid imposing for printing dependent of the type of finishing involved.
It is important that files are converted to CMYK before being supplied to us. RGB does not work for printing purposes and if supplied as such will be subject to a standard CMYK conversion. This may result in a colour output that is far removed from what was expected.
Ensure that images are at a minimum resolution of 300dpi (dots per inch) when scaled to the required print output size. Most images from the internet are only 72dpi so will not be sufficient.
If supplying native files a general rule is to collect or package all associated files (fonts/graphics/images) used in your page layout as they will be needed to successfully output the file. If you are unsure of any of these settings always speak us before supplying any files.
At Creatiff Solutions we accept files from several applications but please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can then help with your file delivery.
In all instances if there are any uncertainties contact us and ask, it will save time and added expense in the long run.
You can contact us on 0117 3789065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.